“Who am I?”
The “Who” keeps leading me back to all the “Why?”s like “Why am I a creative?”
I live for the deeper meaning, the story, the immersive. That longing to turn the vision in my head into the memory in someone else’s, or experience what someone else has created with the ones I love. As a kid, I couldn’t wait in line for a roller coaster without dreaming up concepts for my own, or sit in class without scribbling inspiration that 100% had nothing to do with the hypotenuse.
Maybe I love storytelling so much because stories are our best ways of making sense of life.
In Act 1, we all want our lives to tell the “perfect” story — predictability, comfort, happiness… We forget that we exist in a behind-the-scenes reality of character flaws, mistakes, and failures.
By Act 3, the challenges are exactly what make the movie worth watching. The sooner we realize that the sooner we can pick up the pen, because this story called life is fully immersive.
To quote one of my favorite movies, “Those were the stories that stayed with you, that meant something, even if you were too small to understand why.”
- Places lived: Manassas, VA; Lynchburg, VA; Savannah, GA
- Things I love: Faith, family, friends, storytelling, adventure
- Life philosophies: Dream, then do. Ask what you can do better, and mean it.
- Myers-Briggs personality: ENFJ-A
- Enneagram personality: 7 wing 8
- Music likes: One Republic, Mat Kearney, Kygo, U2, Eminem
- Music dislikes: John Mayer, John Mayer, John Mayer
- Movie likes: Forrest Gump, The Pursuit of Happyness, The Walk, Top Gun: Maverick, The Way Way Back, LOTR trilogy
- Show likes: Breaking Bad, Better Call Saul
- Phobias: Clowns, dentistry
- Favorite places: Anywhere immersive or near the ocean
- Favorite foods: Mac ‘n’ cheese (No breadcrumbs. What’s up with that??)
- Favorite drinks: Van Winkle 12-Year